Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mark and Africa New Life Ministries Noted in ABA Journal January 2012 !!

 

As most of you know, I travelled to Rwanda in August 2011 with the Simple Church of Bossier City to work with Africa New Life and Land of a Thousand Hills.

The reason I do this is because I can be very selfish and  focused on the immediate needs of my family, my staff, myself and my clients; however, there are times when we have to get perspective. It's not about me. It's not about winning or losing or how much money we can make or prevent others from getting.  There's more to life than all of that. There are millions of people, like my adopted son in Rwanda, Emmanuel,  who have nothing. He  lives in a  mud hut on the border of Rwanda and Tanzania. He has no running water or electricity, but he now has the opportunity to get an education, food clothing and medicine.

Do something for someone else without any expectation of return.
Maybe, it's just giving a homeless person some bottled water.
Do something.
Do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment